Editorial Reviews for this title:
This easy-to-use guide gives students instant access to information needed to write thorough, individualized care plans based on the most recent NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses. Nursing Interventions Classifications (NIC) and Nursing Outcome Classifications (NOC) are incorporated throughout. The guide presents diagnoses associated with medical, surgical, psychiatric, perinatal, and pediatric patient populations. Each Plan of Care includes: definition of nursing diagnosis, defining characteristics, related factors, suggestions for use, suggested alternative diagnoses, expected outcomes and evaluation criteria, NIC/NOC taxonomy, and suggested nursing actions.
Quick and easy access to the most recent NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses!
Clear and concise, this easy-to-use reference is designed to provide instant access to information necessary for development of thorough, individualized care plans.
Divided into two parts:
Part I is an alphabetized list of Plans of Care
Part II is a Clinical Conditions guide to Nursing Diagnoses and Collaborative Problems
- Includes 2007-2008 NANDA approved nursing diagnoses.
- Updated nursing activities reflecting the Nursing Intervention Classification (NIC) taxonomy.
- Updated Nursing Outcome Classification (NOC) taxonomy. Suggested outcomes are listed and defined for each diagnosis, demonstrating ways to use NOC outcomes, outcome indicators, and measuring scales.
- New! Content for Home Care, Infants and Children, and For Older Adults as appropriate for the diagnosis.
- Expanded references and evidence-based nursing activities.
- Suggestions for Use sections help clarify the nursing diagnosis labels and offer advice as to their best use.
- Perforated Care Planning Checklist is a convenient reference to evaluate quality of care plans as they are developed.
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.