Editorial Reviews for this title:
High-Beginning Level. This best-selling series takes the mystery out of the composition process as it helps college-bound and college-level ESL students quickly improve their ability to write effectively in English Addressing organization, rhetoric, grammar and mechanics, and sentence structure, these texts offer clear steps, numerous models, and many opportunities for writing practice. First Steps in Academic Writing teaches basic composition skills through paragraph writing. A systematic treatment of simple, compound, and complex sentence structure addresses common trouble spots for students. Extensive models and writing practice are included. Other books in the series: Introduction to Academic Writing, Intermediate Level and Writing Academic English, Intermediate-Advanced Level. @BREAKER= FEATURES/BENEFITS *Extensive practice in prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing. *Clear, step-by-step approach to the conventions of paragraph and essay organization and rhetorical expression. *Rigorous development of sentence structure, grammar, and mechanical skills. *Extensive appendices with relevant reference materials for students and teachers.
The second edition of First Steps in Academic Writing , by Ann Hogue, provides high-beginning to low-intermediate students with essential tools to master basic academic writing. The text's time-proven approach integrates paragraph organization, sentence structure, grammar, mechanics, and the writing process. First Steps leads students to build strong academic writing skills that will last them throughout their writing careers.
- A step-by-step approach guides students seamlessly through the writing process.
- Clear, succinct explanations help students to understand and apply key conepts and rules.
- Numerous models and varied practice support students at all stages of writing.
- NEW Try It Out! exercises give students opportunities to assess mastery of new skills.
- NEW journal writing activities help students build literacy.
- NEW self-editing and peer editing worksheets motivate students to revise.
The Longman Academic Writing Series also consists of:
- Level 1 Fundamentals of Academic Writing
- Level 3 Introduction to Academic Writing, Third Edition
- Level 4 Writing Academic English, Fourth Edition
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.