Introduction to Special Education: Making a Difference With Mylabschool
ISBN 13: 9780205498055
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon
Publication Date: 2006
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
"Smith's Introduction to Special Education is the best overall text I have seen for a survey course in special education."
Karen S. Smith
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
"This book is the rule rather than the exception."
Northern Arizona University
"I like the fact that she has a chapter that focuses on Multicultural and Bilingual Special Education because this is an area that I believe is overlooked not only in other textbooks but in Special Education classes.
Ozarks Technical Community College
"Deb has included a great deal of current research to define and explain ADHD."
Mary Jane Hayes
Austin Peay State University
"The Tips for Effective Teaching' are some of the best suggestions that one could ask for."
Central Missouri State University
New To This Edition
- NEW Chapter on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Ch. 6)
- Making a Difference sections open every chapter with examples of social responsibility, philanthropy, advocacy, and volunteerism by both well-known individuals and everyday citizens.
- "What IDEA 2004/No Child Left Behind Says About ..." clarifies the practical meaning for teachers of these two federal initiatives.
- Tips for Classroom Management provide ideas and suggestions for creating productive learning environments for all students.
- Tips for Effective Teachers provide practical ideas with broad applicability to the areas of disability in many teaching situations.
- Professional Standards and Licensure Tests tables conclude each chapter and show how CEC Common Core Knowledge and Skill Standards, INTASC Special Education Principles, and associated Praxis II topic areas can be applied to each major section of the chapter.
[ Insert MyLabSchool Ad ]
Introduction to Special Education: Making a Difference With Mylabschool: Search Results
Smith, Deborah Deutsch
Quantity Available: 1
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.