THINK Public Relations
; ; ;
ISBN 10: 0205781691 / 0-205-78169-1
ISBN 13: 9780205781690
Publication Date: 2010
THINK Public Relations engaging visual design and contemporary applications help readers develop a fundamental understanding of current issues affecting public relations practice today — all at a low price. Readers are introduced to exciting and innovative public relations campaign examples in the context of relevant theory and core concepts that they will need to succeed in the world of public relations.
- Designed for today's students, THINK Public Relations features a clean, open, full- color, engaging visual design with exciting infographics.
- Value-Priced. THINK Public Relations retails for less than half the costs of most introductory Public Relations textbooks.
- THINK Public Relations is supported by The ThinkSpot (www.thethinkspot.com), an open access website that provides numerous learning and study tools for students. These include:
- Chapter summaries in PDF format
- Flashcards that can be printed and are also accessible on mobile phones
- Chapter-by-chapter quizzes
- Audio summaries
- Value-priced downloadable audio chapters.
- Tactics, current readings with annotations, provide relevant current examples of key concepts as they appear in primary sources. Readings are annotated with questions from the text’s authors to help improve comprehension.
- PR Casebooks, featured in each chapter, offer students an in-depth look at a real-world campaign and encourages reflection through critical thinking questions.
- THINK light bulb questions throughout allow students to hone their critical thinking skills as they read.
- Ethics in Action boxes introduce readers to the important ethical and legal issues facing public relations practitioners today.
- BTW… boxes encourage reader to explore current topics of importance in today’s workplace in more depth
- Chapter-opening essays about actual campaigns capture students attention and highlight applications of essential chapter topics. Open-ended questions at the end of each essay help focus the reader on the most important questions addressed in the chapter.
- Apply Your Knowledge exercises encourage students to apply what they have learned in the chapter to a contemporary situation in order to polish their public relations acumen.
- End-of-chapter material features a bulleted list summary to help students quickly and efficiently review key topics, as well as questions for review and discussion to allow readers to test their understanding of chapter material.
From the Back Cover
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.