Small Animal Surgery Textbook, 3e
ISBN 10: 0323044395 / 0-323-04439-5
ISBN 13: 9780323044394
Publication Date: 2007
About this title:
The 3rd edition of this classic textbook continues to serve as a one-stop resource for authoritative information on all aspects of small animal surgery. Coverage includes basic procedures such as spays, castrations, and declaws, as well as more advanced surgeries that might be referred to specialists such as craniotomy, ventral slots, and lung lobectomy. Discussions of general surgical procedures include sterile technique, surgical instrumentation, suturing, preoperative care, and antibiotic use. Key sections provide clinically relevant coverage of soft tissue surgery, orthopedic surgery, and neurosurgery.
- Over 1500 full color illustrations provide exceptionally clear representations of anatomy and currently accepted surgical techniques, including approaches and closure.
- Over 600 full color photographs and radiographs offer clear images of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Information on the most efficient and cost-saving sterilization techniques including scrubless and waterless preparation solutions.
- General considerations and clinically relevant pathophysiology sections provide practical information for case management.
- Step-by-step instructions for surgical techniques are presented in italicized blue type for quick and easy reference.
- Special icons identify advanced procedures that should be referred to an experienced surgeon or specialist.
- Color-coded tables and boxes call attention to specific data, offering at-a-glance access to key information such as drug dosages, clinical signs, and analgesic protocols.
- Anesthesia Protocols provide quick and easy access to recommendations for anesthetizing animals with particular diseases or disorders.
- A new chapter on Fundamentals of Physical Rehabilitation details the basics of physical rehabilitation for practitioners who want to integrate physical therapy into practice.
- A new chapter on Principles of Minimally Invasive Surgery that describes the principles of performing surgery with the least instrumentation possible, including instrument selection and care and basic techniques.
- A new chapter on Surgery of the Eye that discusses diseases and disorders of the eye, their medical management, and corrective surgical procedures.
- Expanded coverage of perioperative multimodal analgesic therapy.
- Updated coverage of arthroscopy, canine elbow dysplasia, joint replacement, and management of osteoarthritis.
- The latest information on state-of-the-art radiologic techniques.
The most widely used surgical text on the market!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Small Animal Surgery Textbook, 3e
Fossum DVM MS PhD Dipl ACVS, Theresa Welch
Quantity Available: 1
Book Description: Mosby, 2007. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Part I: General surgical principles 1. Principles of surgical asepsis 2. Sterilization and disinfection 3. Surgical facilities, equipment, and personnel 4. Care and maintenance of the surgical environment 5. Preoperative assessment of the surgical patient 6. Preparation of the operative site 7. Preparation of the surgical team 8. Surgical instrumentation 9. Biomaterials, suturing and hemostasis 10. Surgical infections and antibiotic selection 11. Intraoperative and postoperative care of the surgical patient 12. Fundamentals of physical rehabilitation 13. Management of perioperative pain 14. Principles of minimally invasive surgery Part II: Soft tissue surgery 15. Surgery of the integumentary system 16. Surgery of the eye 17. Surgery of the ear 18. Surgery of the abdominal cavity 19. Surgery of the digestive system 20. Surgery of the liver 21. Surgery of the extrahepatic biliary system 22. Surgery of the endocrine system 23. Surgery of the hemolymphatic system 24. Surgery of the kidney and ureter 25. Surgery of the bladder and urethra 26. Surgery of the reproductive and genital systems 27. Surgery of the cardiovascular system 28. Surgery of the upper respiratory system 29. Surgery of the lower respiratory system: lungs and thoracic wall 30. Surgery of the lower respiratory system: pleural cavity and diaphragm Part III: Orthopedics 31. Fundamentals of orthopedic surgery 32. Management of specific fractures 33. Diseases of the joints 34. Management of muscle and tendon injury or disease 35. Other diseases of bones and joints Part IV: Neurosurgery 36. Fundamentals of neurosurgery 37. Surgery of the brain 38. Surgery of the cervical spine 39. Surgery of the thoracolumbar spine 40. Surgery of the lumbosacral spine 41. Nonsurgical diseases of the spine. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0323044395
Bookseller & Payment Information | More Books from this Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question