Toward Healthy Aging: Human Needs and Nursing Response, 7e (Toward Healthy Aging (Ebersole))
; ; ; ;
ISBN 10: 0323047300 / 0-323-04730-0
ISBN 13: 9780323047302
Publication Date: 2007
As the most comprehensive resource on health promotion and maintenance for older adults and their families and caregivers, Toward Healthy Aging, 7th Edition includes the most current information you need to provide effective holistic care, promote healthy lifestyle choices, and address end-of-life issues. Grounded in the core competencies recommended by the AACN in collaboration with the Hartfound Institute for Geriatric Nursing and using Maslow's hierarchy of needs, this book includes complete coverage of both common and uncommon conditions in the older adult. Towards Healthy Aging also highlights key aging issues with sections devoted to basic physiologic needs, safety and security, the need to belong, self-esteem, and self-actualization.
- A strong focus on health and wellness emphasizes a positive approach to aging.
- Disease processes are discussed in the context of healthy adaptation, nursing support, and responsibilities.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences are integrated throughout to help you remember these important considerations when caring for older adults.
- Up-to-date content on AIDS provides important information on addressing this growing concern among older adults.
- Consistent chapter is organization with objectives, case studies, critical thinking questions, research, and study questions make information easy to find and use.
- Assessment guidelines are incorporated throughout in helpful tables, boxes, and forms for quick access.
- Case studies at the end of most chapters explore realistic patient care scenarios to help you expand your knowledge and understanding.
- Resource lists and appendices provide opportunities for further research and study.
- With over 200 illustrations, the full-color design is engaging and easy to read.
- Healthy People 2010 boxes address healthy aging considerations.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes help you incorporate the latest research findings into practice and advise you on how to avoid potentially harmful practices.
- A Nutritional Needs chapter includes the most current nutritional guidelines for older adults to help you better address patients' nutritional needs.
- Includes the latest scales and guidelines for assessing the gerontologic patient in the Health Assessment in Gerontological Nursing chapter.
- Expanded coverage of end-of-life issues helps you meet the needs of older adults and their families and caregivers during this difficult transition.
- Economics of aging discussions help you better understand the financial challenges your patients may face.
- The latest pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic pain management information helps you reduce pain and discomfort for your patients and helps you provide more effective care.
Your complete resource for promoting and maintaining geriatric health
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.