Mosby's Essential Sciences for Therapeutic Massage: Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics and Pathology, 3e
ISBN 10: 0323048692 / 0-323-04869-2
ISBN 13: 9780323048699
Publication Date: 2008
With more than 700 full-color illustrations, this engaging resource takes a visual approach to helping you understand the scientific principles behind therapeutic massage. Coverage includes a wide range of clinically relevant topics - from basic overviews of anatomy and disease to in-depth explorations of each body system - with an emphasis on applying scientific principles to practice. A companion DVD features over 75 anatomy and physiology animations and cadaver dissection footage that show biologic functions and medical procedures in realistic detail.
- UNIQUE! A comprehensive chapter on biomechanics includes valuable information on muscle testing and assessment.
- Combined workbook and textbook format encourages critical thinking with activities, short essays, fill-in-the-blank questions, drawing exercises, and more to help you reinforce concepts.
- Sections on pathologic conditions, with suggestions for intervention protocols, indications, and contraindications for therapeutic massage, prepare you to work with clients safely and effectively.
- Handy appendices with quick reference charts for muscles and pathology provide at-a-glance access to common muscle information and pathologies.
- Full-color muscle anatomy illustrations highlight help identify and locate muscles.
- A section on nutrition includes information on the digestive process, nutrition basics, and the functions of vitamins and minerals to help you understand how nutrition affects the body.
- "Clinical Reasoning" exercises in the workbook sections and "Practical Applications" boxes within chapters help you apply concepts from the book to real-life situations with realistic examples.
- Thoroughly reviewed and updated chapters ensure accurate content with up-to-date applications to massage.
- Updated full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and pathology concepts.
- Updated Evolve resources include extensive learning activities for each chapter, as well as additional gait assessment and muscle firing pattern photos, web links, and a National Certification Exam review to provide more opportunities for learning.
An ideal companion to Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage!
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.