Mathematics for Elementary Teachers, Illinois Correlation Guide Book: A Contemporary Approach
ISBN 10: 0470231718 / 0-470-23171-8
ISBN 13: 9780470231715
Publication Date: 2008
Editorial Reviews for this title:
This leading mathematics text for elementary and middle school educators helps you quickly develop a true understanding of mathematical concepts. It integrates rich problem-solving strategies with relevant topics and extensive opportunities for hands-on experience. By progressing from the concrete to the pictorial to the abstract, Musser captures the way math is generally taught in elementary schools.
This title will give you all the essentials mathematics teachers need for teaching at the elementary and middle school levels:
- Highlights algebraic concepts throughout the text and includes additional supporting information.
- Provides enhanced coverage of order of operations, Z-scores, union of two events, Least Common Multiple, and Greatest Common Factor.
- Focuses on solid mathematical content in an accessible and appealing way.
- Offers the largest collection of problems (over 3,000!), worked examples, and problem-solving strategies in any text of its kind.
- Includes a comprehensive, five-chapter treatment of geometry based on the van Hiele model.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.