Editorial Reviews for this title:
The name areas for AIS, as identified by the AAA Committee on Contemporary Approach to Teaching AIS, are all addressed.
* Real world cases are woven into the text material.
* Each chapter highlights a real world case or concept in the AIS at Work feature.
Based on the authors' bestselling AIS: Concepts and Practice for Effective Decision Making, this dramatically shorter text is entirely updated to reflect recent changes in technology and AIS practice. Covers such subjects as EDI, reengineering, neural networks, client/server, and events accounting. In addition to examples included throughout every chapter, a special "AIS at Work" feature demonstrates how actual companies make use of the AIS concepts presented in each chapter. Contains two chapters on control and one each on information systems auditing and computer security and crime.
From the Publisher
Offering concise, user-friendly coverage of core topics, Moscove, Simkin, and Bagranoff's essential text provides a strong foundation for courses in Accounting Information Systems and gives instructors the flexibility they need to meet their individual course objectives. The text is an excellent stand-alone resource for a shorter course in accounting information systems, or the perfect addition to a longer class in which you choose to integrate other materials such as software manuals, casebooks, and readings.
Completely updated and revised, the new Eighth Edition provides the latest information on e-commerce, XBRL, enterprise wide software, ERP systems, computer crime, data modeling, and databases. Students will discover how Accounting Information Systems collect, record, and store business data; learn how to develop effective internal control systems; and examine the accountant's role in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining Accounting Information Systems.
* Focused coverage of ore concepts gives instructors greater flexibility.
* Each chapter begins with an outline and a list of learning objectives that emphasize the key subject matter of the chapter.
* Many real-world-Cases-in-Print are woven into the text material. Each chapter also includes a more detailed real-world case or concept in an end-of-chapter AIS-at-Work feature.
* Each chapter ends with a summary and a list of key terms.
* Four types of end-of-chapter exercises (discussion questions, problems, Internet exercises, and cases) help students understand the material and gauge their progress.
* Lists of references, recommended readings, and Web sites at the end of each chapter allow students to explore the chapter material in greater depth.
Online resources to enhance your student's studies & career!
The new AIS Web site (www.wiley.com/college/moscove) features a wealth of valuable online resources, including:
* Learning styles survey
* Business Extra articles
* Links to relevant AIS articles
* Internet exercises
* and more
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.