Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics
ISBN 10: 047144250X / 0-471-44250-X
ISBN 13: 9780471442509
Publication Date: 2001
Editorial Reviews for this title:
The Student Study Guide to accompany Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics 4e
- E-Text. Each new copy of the fourth edition includes a free CD-ROM containing the e-Text-the entire print component of the book in searchable PDF format, plus additional material not in the print version.
- Fluid Mechanics Phenomena brings fluid mechanics to life! A series of 80 short video segments on the CD illustrate various aspects of real-world fluid mechanics. The videos are linked within the e-Text directly to those sections and problems that will most benefit from these illustrations:
- Many of the segments show how fluid motion relates to familiar devices and everyday experiences.
- Each segment also clearly indicates the key fluid mechanics topic being demonstrated and provides a description of the content.
- Review Problems with Complete Solutions. Each chapter in the e-Text provides students with 10-20 review problems that link directly to complete detailed solutions for extra guidance in problem-solving. In addition, the review problems are identified by the basic principle they demonstrate, allowing students easy reference to areas they need to review.
- Lab Problems. The e-Text contains 30 extended laboratory problems that involve actual experimental data for simple experiments often found in introductory fluid mechanics labs. The data for these problems is provided in Excel format.
- Key Words and Topics. Each chapter contains a list of key words and topics. Within the e-Text, the key words and topics are linked directly to where those concepts are explained in the chapter. Great for studying-think flashcards!
- Summary sentences. A brief summary sentence on each page of the text. An effective reference and resource to students, these sentences help students locate discussions of important concepts. Used as a study tool, the summary sentences guide students to key concept that students need to understand and encourage them to read the text rather than relying on worked out examples.
Dive right into everyday examples, practical problems, and a new e-text!
With its effective pedagogy, everyday examples, and outstanding collection of practical problems, it's no wonder Munson, Young,and Okiishi's FUNDAMENTALS OF FLUID MECHANICS is the best-selling fluid mechanics text. In each new edition, the authors have refined their primary goal of helping you develop the skills and confidence you need to master the art of solving fluid mechanics problems.
This new Fourth Edition includes a free CD-ROM containing the e-text-the entire print component of the book in searchable PDF format, plus a chapter on Turbomachines and additional material not in the print version. Within the PDF pages, hyperlinks allow you to quickly navigate from the list of key concepts to where they are explained in the text, and to the glossary.
The e-Text also features:
- Review problems that link problems with answers and complete worked-out solutions. The Review Problems are identified by the basic principle they demonstrate, enabling you to quickly reference areas you need to review.
- 30 Extended laboratory problems that involve actual experimental data for simple experiments. The data for these problems is provided in Excel format.
- Links to Fluids Phenomena videos, which illustrate various aspects of real-world fluid mechanics.
- Key Words and Topics linked directly to where those concepts are explained in the chapter.
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.