1. Objectives and Review Material. Each experiment begins with the necessary background information to successfully complete the activity. These include text, pop-up links to images and definitions and where appropriate animations to clarify key physiological processes. This material may be accessed at any point during the lab activity.
2. Pre-Lab Quiz. Each Pre-Lab Quiz consists of ten randomly generated multiple-choice questions. The correct answer must be selected prior to progressing through the exercise. These questions reinforce key concepts prior to students proceeding onto pre-lab reporting.
3. Pre-Lab Reporting. Provides a synopsis of the experiment that the student is about to perform. Students are asked to make predictions about the outcome and are able to select dependent, independent and controlled variables. These predictions are then submitted into the laboratory report.
4. Data Collection and Data Analysis. Users can perform physiological experiments using simulated equipment and real data. Data is collected from multiple subjects and then used for analysis. Once the data is collected, students will perform various calculations and equations using an onscreen calculator. Users can view data in either a graphic or tabular format. Tables and Graphs are submitted to the laboratory report.
5. Laboratory Report. Lab reports include the users predictions and data analysis results. Students are asked a series of short answer questions about their experiments, as well as to write a conclusion, and answer application questions too. The lab report may be printed and saved as a PDF file.
6. Available on a CD or Online. PowerPhys is available as a standalone product or can be packaged with any Wiley Anatomy and Physiology text.
7. Available in versions of eGrade Plus. PowerPhys can also be accessed in the Complete Version of the eGrade Plus course management system for the Allen & Harper Laboratory Manual for Anatomy and Physiology 2e. Using eGrade Plus provides a single source system for all Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory or lecture course needs.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“The discussion sections of the text do an excellent job of deleting extraneous terms and information. It is well written and concise…and accomplishes its goal to present essential information. It is fun to read. It is written on a level that I think most college students can easily comprehend.” – Amy G. Ouchley, University of Louisiana, Monroe
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description CD-ROM. Book Condition: New. Brand New! We ship daily Monday - Friday!. Bookseller Inventory # 1EY82M003BKW
Book Description Wiley, U.S.A., 2007. CD-ROM. Book Condition: New. 0471662895 New. PowerPhys CD-ROM By Connie Allen (Author), Valerie Harper (Author), Thomas Lancraft (Author), Yuri Ivlev (Author) Product Details CD-ROM Publisher: Wiley (February 2, 2007) Language: English ISBN-10: 0471662895 ISBN-13: Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.1 x 8.9 inches. Bookseller Inventory # Z0471662895ZN
Book Description Wiley, 2007. No binding. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-246-59-9442409