; ; ;
ISBN 10: 0471662895 / 0-471-66289-5
ISBN 13: 9780471662891
Publication Date: 2007
1. Objectives and Review Material. Each experiment begins with the necessary background information to successfully complete the activity. These include text, pop-up links to images and definitions and where appropriate animations to clarify key physiological processes. This material may be accessed at any point during the lab activity.
2. Pre-Lab Quiz. Each Pre-Lab Quiz consists of ten randomly generated multiple-choice questions. The correct answer must be selected prior to progressing through the exercise. These questions reinforce key concepts prior to students proceeding onto pre-lab reporting.
3. Pre-Lab Reporting. Provides a synopsis of the experiment that the student is about to perform. Students are asked to make predictions about the outcome and are able to select dependent, independent and controlled variables. These predictions are then submitted into the laboratory report.
4. Data Collection and Data Analysis. Users can perform physiological experiments using simulated equipment and real data. Data is collected from multiple subjects and then used for analysis. Once the data is collected, students will perform various calculations and equations using an onscreen calculator. Users can view data in either a graphic or tabular format. Tables and Graphs are submitted to the laboratory report.
5. Laboratory Report. Lab reports include the users predictions and data analysis results. Students are asked a series of short answer questions about their experiments, as well as to write a conclusion, and answer application questions too. The lab report may be printed and saved as a PDF file.
6. Available on a CD or Online. PowerPhys is available as a standalone product or can be packaged with any Wiley Anatomy and Physiology text.
7. Available in versions of eGrade Plus. PowerPhys can also be accessed in the Complete Version of the eGrade Plus course management system for the Allen & Harper Laboratory Manual for Anatomy and Physiology 2e. Using eGrade Plus provides a single source system for all Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory or lecture course needs.
“The discussion sections of the text do an excellent job of deleting extraneous terms and information. It is well written and concise…and accomplishes its goal to present essential information. It is fun to read. It is written on a level that I think most college students can easily comprehend.” – Amy G. Ouchley, University of Louisiana, Monroe
From the Back Cover
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.