Editorial Reviews for this title:
Comprehensive, authoritative, and student-friendly, longtime market-leader Business Law: Text and Cases - Legal, Ethical, Global, and Corporate Environment delivers an ideal blend of classic "black letter law" and cutting-edge coverage of contemporary issues and cases. The first text to implement an undergraduate-oriented pedagogy with traditional law school-like content, Business Law continues to set the standard for excellence. The text combines the benefits of a black letter law approach with a strong student orientation, making the law accessible, interesting, and relevant for readers. The cases, content, and features of the 12th Edition have been thoroughly updated to represent the latest developments in business law. An excellent assortment of included cases ranges from precedent-setting landmarks to important recent decisions, and ethical, global, and corporate themes are integrated throughout. In addition, numerous critical-thinking exercises challenge students to apply what they've learned to real-world issues, and the text offers an unmatched range of support materials--including innovative online teaching and learning resources. It's no wonder that Business Law is used by more colleges and universities than any other business law text.
About This Edition
- Case examples are now highlighted and identified with the label "Case in Point," making it easy to locate, discuss, and refer back to these useful learning tools.
- Included in selected chapters, all-new Shifting Legal Priorities features encourage critical thinking and illustrate how the law is constantly evolving in response to both technological developments and the needs and concerns of society and business, with a special emphasis on sustainability, ethical trends, and changing managerial responsibilities.
- Reviewing features, found at the end of every chapter, now conclude with Debate This! segments that provide a statement or question regarding the chapter material, making it easy to spur class discussion or develop worthwhile written assignments.
- All Shifting Legal Priorities features and selected cases conclude with a short section entitled Managerial Implications, which explores key concepts from a real-world management perspective.
- Coverage of e-contracts; insurance, wills, and trusts; professional liability and accountability; and international law has been relocated and reorganized to better aid student comprehension and provide a more natural sequence of topics.
- A new chapter on mortgages and foreclosures in the wake of the global recession includes material on mortgages, mortgage foreclosure, litigation, mortgage-backed securities, valuation, and what people thought was negotiable.
- Expanded and revised material in several chapters provides more current and complete coverage of cybercrime, securities and corporate governance (especially in light of the global economic crisis), business examples of intentional torts and privacy, Ponzi schemes (including Bernie Madoff), and the role of zoning in real property and landlord-tenant relationships.
- The 12th Edition lives up to this text's strong reputation for outstanding selection and editing of cases, with the return of many classic cases from earlier editions, as well as many new cases and case problems from 2010.
- The current edition has been extensively reorganized, refined, and updated to include coverage of the most recent and significant legal developments and court decisions, as well as to make the material exceptionally accurate and engaging.
Explore additional features of Business Law: Text and Cases - Legal, Ethical, Global, and Corporate Environment
Explore this title's supplements:
Study Guide for "Business Law: Text and Cases" (12th Edition)
Student Guide to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Second Edition)
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.