Editorial Reviews for this title:
An up-to-date, comprehensive consumer guide to the most commonly prescribed drugs for mind and mood disorders
For the one in two Americans who will develop a mind or mood disorder, here is an indispensable reference focused specifically on the drugs most often prescribed for their condition.
Official FDA-approved information plus guidelines from nationally esteemed psychiatrists and pharmacists provide trustworthy information about these medications. Special concerns for women, children, and seniors make this reference an essential addition to your home medical library.
Complete drug profiles include:
• Brand and generic names for each drug
• What the drug is for and how it works in the body
• Information on dosage, including the best times to take each drug
• Common side effects, risk factors, and when to call your doctor
• Interactions with other drugs
• Interactions with foods and beverages
• Medical conditions that may affect the choice of a particular drug
• Popular herbal remedies
• A comprehensive listing of resources for additional information about specific mind/mood disorders
• Color photographs of the twenty-five most commonly prescribed mind/mood drugs
Praise for The MindMood Pill Book:
“An excellent handbook to psychiatric drugs and a much-needed resource for the public at large. It offers the kind of straightforward information that empowers patients to be partners — and watchdogs — in their own health care.”
— H. Keith H. Brodie, M.D., President Emeritus and James B. Duke Professor of Psychiatry at Duke University, past president of the American Psychiatric Association
“Easily readable, helpfully organized, and spanning everything from the latest mood stabilizer to herbal remedies, this book is vital reading for anyone who plans to talk to a doctor about anxiety, depression, or any other emotional problem.”
— Robert Michels, M.D., Walsh McDermott Professor of Psychiatry and University Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Medical College, Cornell University
“A practical, authoritative, and comprehensive reference guide to the medications used to treat mental disorders. It includes the information that people need and answers the questions most frequently asked.”
— Carol C. Nadelson, M.D., Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and Director, Partners Office for Women’s Careers at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.