ISBN 10: 0721603386 / 0-7216-0338-6
ISBN 13: 9780721603384
Publication Date: 2005
Editorial Reviews for this title:
Dynamically illustrated in full color, Pathophysiology is a comprehensive exploration of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disease. Organized by body system, each unit opens with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology, then follows with the disease processes and abnormalities that can occur. The text includes the influence of behavioral factors, life-style choices, and environmental factors on the cause and progression of disease, and covers the most current advances in genetic research and treatment modalities.
- Highlighted Key Concepts are included in bulleted format after major discussions to help the student focus on important information.
- Key terms appear in bold type within text discussions, and new terminology is defined in a comprehensive glossary, to help the student identify and understand new and important terms.
- Key Questions are listed at the beginning of each chapter, emphasizing the most important concepts to be mastered.
- Aging Process algorithms provide brief analyses of age-related changes of specific body systems, using an easy-to-understand, step-by-step format.
- Frontiers in Research essays introduce each unit with an overview of current trends and recent developments, and speculation about future research findings.
- Full-color design and illustrations are included throughout the text.
- Over 250 new illustrations are added, plus over 230 now in full color.
- Pediatric and Elderly icons highlight content within the text.
- Revised and updated content includes the most current information and latest research.
Organized by body system, each unit opens with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.