AANN Core Curriculum for Neuroscience Nursing, 4e
ISBN 10: 0721606482 / 0-7216-0648-2
ISBN 13: 9780721606484
Publication Date: 2004
Editorial Reviews for this title:
AANN Core Curriculum for Neuroscience Nursing, 4th Edition, is a comprehensive clinical resource for the practicing neuroscience nurse. It can also be used as a tool for success in achieving the designation of Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) or as a supplemental text for any undergraduate and graduate nursing student studying to care for patients suffering from neurologic disorders. The book is divided into three parts: foundations of neuroscience nursing, specific neuroscience topics, and neurologic issues across the continuum.
- An easy-to-use outline format comprehensively covers the entire scope of neuroscience nursing in all practice settings.
- Details the core knowledge base of neuroscience nursing with authorship and endorsement by the AANN, the specialty organization for neuroscience nurses.
- Follows the current blueprint for the AANN certification exam.
- Provides an effective guide for teaching and learning for in-service, continuing education, and academic programs.
- Uses tables, figures and graphs to help illustrate complex concepts.
- Part I: Foundations of Neuroscience Nursing covers the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, assessment, diagnostic tests, surgical considerations and technology significant to neuroscience disorders.
- Part II: Specific Neuroscience Topics covers craniocerebral trauma, spine disorders, nerve injuries, tumors, sleep disorders, and pain and headaches.
- Part III: Neurologic Issues Across the Continuum features pediatric and geriatric issues, rehabilitation, and ethical considerations.
- Useful resources such as common scales are included in the appendix.
- Includes revised, updated and expanded content to reflect the current state of neuroscience nursing.
The must-have reference for today's neuroscience nursing
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.