Widely regarded as one of the best casebooks available for any law school course, Property, now in its Seventh Edition, combines a traditional doctrinal approach with wit, erudition, and an engaging human-interest perspective that make teaching and learning Property Law a great pleasure.
Admired for generations, his landmark casebook features:
- a dynamic yet traditional pedagogy that includes cases, text, questions, problems, visual illustrations, and vibrant examples
- a flexible, modular organization that allows the book to easily adapt to a range of syllabi and course credit hours
- comprehensive coverage that encompasses the full range of property topics , with in-depth treatments of estates and future interests, servitudes, and land-use controls
- cartoons and photographs that present humorous asides and visual commentary at appropriate intervals within the text
- an accessible and unobtrusive "economic lens" for critically thinking about property issues
Updated throughout, the Seventh Edition provides:
- major changes to the proposed new Restatement (Third) of Property--highlighted, to simplify the system of estates and future interests
- additional visual aids and problems in the estates and future interests chapters
- a fresh look at marital property law, including the recent gay marriage case from the Iowa Supreme Court
- simplified coverage of servitudes, particularly covenants and equitable servitudes
- new signposts in every chapter that link topics in the casebook to sources on the website
- recent developments in the law governing the landlord-tenant relationship in government-assisted housing
- a timely view of the mortgage crisis and changes in real estate financing
- streamlined coverage of zoning flexibility
- a new case and material on Religious Land Use and the Institutionalized Persons Act
- updates in land use regulation, environmental law, climate change, and "smart growth"
- icons added throughout the text to indicate which materials have online counterparts on the companion website,
An iconic book with a contemporary feel, Property, Seventh Edition, resonates with the late Jesse Dukeminier's original wit and wisdom. New co-authors Gregory Alexander and Michael Schill keep it fresh, sharp, and up to date with this thoughtful and thorough revision.
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IN PROPERTY? TRY EXAMPLES & EXPLANATIONS: PROPERTY 3E (9780735570313) AND THE WOLTERS KLUWER BOUVIER LAW DICTIONARY: 2011 STUDENT EDITION (9780735568525), TWO OF MANY GREAT STUDY GUIDES FROM WOLTERS KLUWER LAW & BUSINESS.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.