The field of autism has been growing at an unprecedented rate in recent years. In addition to an actual rise in the number of classic DSM-IV cases, broadened diagnostic criteria have uncovered a wider range of autistic behaviors and ability levels. The third edition of this well-known text continues the mission of its predecessors--to present a comprehensive, readable, up-to-date overview of the field of autism, one that links research, theory, and practice in ways that are accessible to both practitioners and parents. Key features include:
* Expanded Coverage--To accommodate the recent explosion of research, the book has been expanded from 11 to 14 chapters that examine the impact of autism on the individual and the family from infancy through adulthood.
* Expertise--Internationally recognized experts offer cutting-edge treatment and educational information on topics such as early diagnosis, medical treatment, assessment, educational methods, language development, behavior regulation, and family support.
* Neurobiological Research--Comprehensive medical research and treatment chapters provide an understandable overview of neurobiological research and current treatments including when and how medication can be employed as part of a treatment plan.
* Focus on Early Years--Old sections I and III have been combined and a new 3-chapter section on early identification and intervention added.
* Focus on Parents and Families--In addition to a chapter on the evolving role of families, a new chapter addresses family needs during the preschool years.
* Integration of Assessment and Intervention--The chapters on assessment and intervention have been reorganized and more closely integrated in keeping with current thinking about their inter-relatedness.
* Future Directions--Two chapters discuss emerging directions in this exploding field and how to make informed decisions among a variety of approaches.
This book is appropriate for anyone--students, practitioners, or parents--who must provide care for an autistic child.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2016. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780805845792 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 15 working days. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0225046
Book Description Routledge, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # INGM9780805845792
Book Description Routledge, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0805845798
Book Description Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc Inc, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 3rd edition. 589 pages. 9.00x6.25x1.25 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0805845798
Book Description Routledge, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110805845798
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0805845798 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0466243
Book Description Routledge, 2004. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Contents:Foreword. Preface. Part I:The Study of Autism: Perspectives of a Field in Transition. J.D. Bregman,Definitions and Characteristics of the Spectrum. L.Y. Tsai,Recent Neurobiological Research in Autism. V.M. Du. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0805845798
Book Description Routledge, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0805845798