The Christian Theology Reader
ISBN 10: 140515358X / 1-4051-5358-X
ISBN 13: 9781405153584
Publication Date: 2006
Editorial Reviews for this title:
The most comprehensive book of its kind, the new edition of the Christian Theology Reader
collects more than 360 readings that illuminate the key doctrines, point of views, intellectual developments, and theologies from various factions of Christian history.
- Contains 361 readings, drawn from 233 different sources, spread throughout the 2,000 years of Christian history.
- Exceptionally user-friendly: every reading is accompanied its own introduction, commentary, and study questions.
- Now includes increased representation of Catholicism, Orthodoxy and women writers.
- A new section provides a “bird’s-eye” view of the historical development of Christian theology, allowing users to locate a reading against its historical context.
- Additional lecturer resources are available at the accompanying website: www.blackwellpublishing.com/mcgrath.
This bestselling volume is now available in a fully updated and expanded 3rd edition, bringing together 361 readings drawn from 233 different sources, and charting the 2,000 years of Christian history.
- Each reading illustrates a key doctrine, point of view, intellectual development, or theological landmark
- Exceptionally user-friendly: every reading is accompanied by its own introduction, commentary, and study questions
- Features increased coverage of Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and women writers, and includes important sources from patristic, medieval, reformation, and modern periods
- A new section provides a bird’s-eye view of the historical development of Christian theology, allowing users to locate a reading against its historical context
- Additional writers featured include: Yves Congar, Walter Kasper, Bernard Lonergan, Bonaventure, Duns Scotus, Stanley Hauerwas, John Paul II, C. S. Lewis, Maximus the Confessor, Rosemary Radford Ruether, Dorothee Sölle, Dumitru Staniloae, and Rowan Williams.
Whether used as a free-standing resource, or as a companion to various introductions to theology, including McGrath’s market-leading textbook, Christian Theology: An Introduction 4th edition, this Reader is the most comprehensive, accessible and inclusive book of its kind. The 3rd edition is accompanied by a website at www.blackwellpublishing.com/mcgrath.
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.