Introduction to Pharmacology
ISBN 10: 1416059059 / 1-4160-5905-9
ISBN 13: 9781416059059
Publication Date: 2008
With the most essential information presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format, you are in good hands with Asperheim. The text begins with a practical review of the mathematics of drug dosage and principles of pharmacology, followed by drug chapters and streamlined drug monographs that include vital information on each drug, such as generic and trade names, indications, common adverse effects, and typical adult and pediatric dosages. Prepare for the clinical setting all with an emphasis on safe medication administration and prevention of drug errors with Asperheim.
- Considerations boxes call attention to the unique issues of drug therapy in children, pregnant and nursing women, and older adults.
- A Disorders Index (separate from the General Index) refers you to information about medications used for specific disorders.
- Each chapter ends with Clinical Implications, Critical Thinking Questions, and Review Questions - all designed to help you check your mastery of the content and apply it to realistic clinical situations and issues.
- Free resources on the student Evolve website: an audio glossary, with definitions and pronunciations for all key terms; hundreds of bonus review questions; open-book quizzes; web activities; and more!
- Thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the latest FDA approvals and withdrawals.
- New chapters on Drug Therapy in Women and Molecular and Targeted Therapies keep you up to date on these fast-changing fields.
- A new "Do-Not-Confuse” Drug List, located inside the back cover, helps you avoid confusion over lookalike/soundalike drugs.
- Full-color design highlights key information and illustrates concepts in true-to-life color.
Need-to-know information in a straightforward, easy-to-digest format
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.