Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Constraints Upon Investigation and Proof focuses on issues raised by law enforcement investigatory practices. The casebook, which can be used in both introductory and upper-level courses, considers a range of pretrial issues, including searches and seizures, confessions, eyewitness identification procedures, entrapment, the right to counsel, and the exclusionary rules. The text is an excellent tool for comprehensive exploration of the protections provided by the Fourth Amendment, the Fifth Amendment Due Process Clause and Privilege Against Compulsory Self-Incrimination, and the Sixth Amendment Right to the Assistance of Counsel:
• Each chapter begins with an Introductory Note to provide a context for the cases that follow;
• All excerpted United States Supreme Court opinions are carefully edited to preserve the critical elements of the majority and dissenting Justices' reasoning;
• Textual note material is kept to a minimum;
• An ample number of cumulative and topical problems based on actual federal and state cases appear at the end of every section; and
• The casebook is compatible for a variety of teaching methods from traditional Socratic to problem-oriented approaches.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description LEXISNEXIS, 2008. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_1422421724
Book Description LexisNexis / Matthew Bender, Newark, NJ., 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6th edition. Small 4to, hardcover. NEW. No markings, no highlighting -- never used, never read; covers glossy. Bookseller Inventory # 1100722.03
Book Description LEXISNEXIS. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6th. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1422421724
Book Description LEXISNEXIS. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111422421724
Book Description LEXISNEXIS, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 6th edition. 1056 pages. 10.30x7.50x1.90 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1422421724