Examples & Explanations: Antitrust
ISBN 10: 1454800003 / 1-4548-0000-3
ISBN 13: 9781454800002
Publisher: Aspen Publishers
Publication Date: 2011
Editorial Reviews for this title:
Antitrust: Examples & Explanations
is designed to be accessible to students with no background in economics, but also sophisticated enough for advanced courses on anti-trust law. Author Christopher Sagers
provides straightforward introductions to the principles of antitrust law and uses the proven-effective Examples & Explanations
pedagogy to illustrate the practical applications of the principles described under each topic.
Antitrust, a timely and succinct study guide, features:
- a two-pronged approach to describing the economics of antitrust law
- an intuitive, non-quantitative introduction, followed by
- traditional and quantitative economic analysis
- a consistent emphasis on real-world business transactions for example, the book gives extensive, accessible background material to put things like mergers and acquisitions, marketing, and product distribution into real-world context
- comprehensive coverage
- the Sherman and Clayton Acts
- the Robinson-Patman Act
- merger review under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act
- procedural and institutional complexities of antitrust law
- antitrust law vis-a-vis innovation and intellectual property
- the scope of antitrust law, including comprehensive coverage of the many antitrust immunities and exemptions
- systematic organization, from the most general to the most specific
- advanced topics such as oligopoly theory, monopolistic competition, and product distribution
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.