Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam
ISBN 10: 1591263808 / 1-59126-380-8
ISBN 13: 9781591263807
Publisher: Professional Publications, Inc.
Publication Date: 2012
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual provides a comprehensive review of all five NCEES Civil PE exam content areas: construction, geotechnical, structural, transportation, and water resources and environmental engineering.
Over 500 example problems not only demonstrate how to apply important concepts and equations, they also include step-by-step solutions that show you the most efficient methods to use when solving exam problems.
With more than 100 appendices from references and exam-adopted design standards it’s possible to solve many exam problems using only the Civil Engineering Reference Manual.
Features of the Civil Engineering Reference Manual
- More than 500 example problems
- Over 400 defined engineering terms
- References to over 3,300 equations, 760 figures, and 500 tables
- Index includes cross-topic concepts
- Example problems use both SI and U.S. Customary units
- Consistent nomenclature in each chapter
- Coverage of both theory and practical applications
- Easy-to-read explanations
- Easy-to-use index and full glossary
Exam Topics Covered (used in main product description in Magento, and also in the separate “Topics Covered” field)
- Construction: Earthwork construction and layout; material quality control and production; quantity and cost estimation; temporary structures; scheduling
- Geotechnical: Earth and earth-retaining structures; shallow foundations; soil mechanics analysis; soils and materials properties; subsurface exploration and sampling
- Structural: Loadings; analysis; materials and their mechanics; member design
- Transportation: Geometric design
- Water Resources and Environmental: Closed conduit and open channel hydraulics; hydrology; water and wastewater treatment
What’s New in This Edition (used in main product description in Magento)
- Updated to current exam-adopted codes and standards for:
Modified concrete and masonry chapters to be consistent with NCEES' revised structural specifications Removed all ACI 318 App. C theory, equations, and examples to be consistent with NCEES requirement of exclusive use of ACI 318 unified strength methods Provided new content, including
- AASHTO: AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 5th ed., 2010
- ACI 318: Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete, 2008
- ACI 530: Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures, 2008
- IBC: International Building Code, 2009
- Added new chapter on highway bridge rating
- 31 chapters with revisions to existing materials
- 10 chapters with new material
- 51 revised equations
- 13 new equations
- 15 revised tables
- 2 new tables
- 19 revised examples
- 5 new examples
- 3 revised appendices
- 13 revised figures
- 6 new figures
- Added 130 new index entries to new and existing material
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.