On Baking: A Textbook of Baking and Pastry Fundamentals (2nd Edition)
ISBN 10: 0131579231 / 0-13-157923-1
ISBN 13: 9780131579231
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2008
From the creators of the best-selling On Cooking, 4/e comes the new edition of On Baking—the source for learning the practice of baking and the pastry arts. Lavishly illustrated, it is the most complete guide on the market—emphasizing baking principles over formulas and reinforcing each technique with a companion recipe and illustrations. With ample coverage of the craft, equipment, and ingredients, it addresses all aspects of baking and a wide range of styles. This new edition inspires readers’ creativity with over 285 new photos, 50 new recipes, and more on advanced decorating and confectionery techniques.
Attractively designed and extensively illustrated, On Baking expands upon the well-known On Cooking: A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals to provide an authoritative yet contemporary introduction to baking and pastry arts. On Baking focuses on information relevant to today's students and working culinary professionals. Comprehensive and well written, On Baking emphasizes an understanding of bakeshop fundamentals, explores the preparation of fresh ingredients, and provides a wealth of information on the "how and why" of baking science and techniques. FEATURES
- 620 tested and proven recipes and formulas for breads, cookies, pastries, desserts, custards, ice creams and the full-range of bakeshop products
- Essays and formulas from more than 40 working chefs, bakers and food writers allow readers to benefit from the combined expertise of these professionals
- 700 color photos and line drawings illustrate step-by-step preparation techniques and presentations and identify equipment and fresh ingredients
- 21 informative chapters cover bakeshop basics such as quick breads, cookies, brownies and pies, as well as advanced preparations including laminated Boughs, contemporary tortes, plated desserts and chocolate designs
- Each copy of this book includes a CD of ValuSoft® MasterCook software, which includes all of the recipes in the book.
From the Back Cover
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.