Microelectronic Circuits: includes CD-ROM (Oxford Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
ISBN 10: 0195142519 / 0-19-514251-9
ISBN 13: 9780195142518
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 2003
Editorial Reviews for this title:
This market-leading textbook continues its standard of excellence and innovation built on the solid pedagogical foundation that instructors expect from Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith. All material in the fifth edition of Microelectronic Circuits is thoroughly updated to reflect changes in technology-CMOS technology in particular. These technological changes have shaped the book's organization and topical coverage, making it the most current resource available for teaching tomorrow's engineers how to analyze and design electronic circuits.
Features of the Fifth Edition
· Streamlined Organizational Structure: The "must-cover" topics are placed first in each chapter; the more specialized material appears last. The first five chapters, Part I, are organized to form a coherent single-semester introductory course. Similarly, the next five chapters, Part II, present a body of material for a second one-semester course. The final four chapters, Part III, contain significant topics that can be used as enhancements or substitutes for some of the material in earlier chapters as well as resources for project or thesis work.
· MOSFETs and BJTs: Chapter 4 (MOSFETs) and Chapter 5 (BJTs) are completely rewritten. The MOSFET coverage is placed first but the two devices can be covered in any desired order.
· IC MOS and Bipolar Amplifiers: Chapter 6 (Single-Stage Integrated-Circuit Amplifiers) and Chapter 7 (Differential and Multistage Amplifiers) are completely rewritten to introduce IC MOS and bipolar amplifiers in an accessible, systematic way.
· Amplifier Frequency Response: Amplifier frequency response is now presented where needed (a "just-in-time" approach). This includes brief coverage of the frequency responses of the common-source and common-emitter amplifiers in Chapters 4 and 5, respectively.
Enhanced Student Support
·A new CD--packaged with every text--includes a free student version of PSpice 9.2 Lite Edition (SPICE simulator) and new industry-based design examples.
·Revised summary sections and many more summary tables are presented.
·Numerous new and varied review exercises and end-of-chapter problems are provided in addition to more SPICE examples with schematic captures.
·An accompanying website (http://www.sedrasmith.org) features:
--Links to industry and academic sites of related interest
Enhanced Instructor Support
·An Instructor's Manual with Transparency Masters contains solutions to all in-text exercises and end-of-chapter problems plus hard copy masters of transparency acetates. (978-0-19-517268-3)
· PowerPoint Overheads on CD contain all of the figures with captions from the main text.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.