This market-leading textbook continues its standard of excellence and innovation built on the solid pedagogical foundation that instructors expect from Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith. All material in the fifth edition of Microelectronic Circuits is thoroughly updated to reflect changes in technology-CMOS technology in particular. These technological changes have shaped the book's organization and topical coverage, making it the most current resource available for teaching tomorrow's engineers how to analyze and design electronic circuits.
Features of the Fifth Edition
· Streamlined Organizational Structure: The "must-cover" topics are placed first in each chapter; the more specialized material appears last. The first five chapters, Part I, are organized to form a coherent single-semester introductory course. Similarly, the next five chapters, Part II, present a body of material for a second one-semester course. The final four chapters, Part III, contain significant topics that can be used as enhancements or substitutes for some of the material in earlier chapters as well as resources for project or thesis work.
· MOSFETs and BJTs: Chapter 4 (MOSFETs) and Chapter 5 (BJTs) are completely rewritten. The MOSFET coverage is placed first but the two devices can be covered in any desired order.
· IC MOS and Bipolar Amplifiers: Chapter 6 (Single-Stage Integrated-Circuit Amplifiers) and Chapter 7 (Differential and Multistage Amplifiers) are completely rewritten to introduce IC MOS and bipolar amplifiers in an accessible, systematic way.
· Amplifier Frequency Response: Amplifier frequency response is now presented where needed (a "just-in-time" approach). This includes brief coverage of the frequency responses of the common-source and common-emitter amplifiers in Chapters 4 and 5, respectively.
Enhanced Student Support
·A new CD--packaged with every text--includes a free student version of PSpice 9.2 Lite Edition (SPICE simulator) and new industry-based design examples.
·Revised summary sections and many more summary tables are presented.
·Numerous new and varied review exercises and end-of-chapter problems are provided in addition to more SPICE examples with schematic captures.
·An accompanying website (http://www.sedrasmith.org) features:
--Links to industry and academic sites of related interest
Enhanced Instructor Support
·An Instructor's Manual with Transparency Masters contains solutions to all in-text exercises and end-of-chapter problems plus hard copy masters of transparency acetates. (978-0-19-517268-3)
· PowerPoint Overheads on CD contain all of the figures with captions from the main text.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Adel S. Sedra is Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo and former Provost of the University of Toronto.
Kenneth C. Smith (KC) is Professor Emeritus in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Information Studies at the University of Toronto.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # USANY-11244
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New. Softcover International Edition. Same contents as US edition. Ships SAME or NEXT business day. We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # 20150103-11244
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0195142519
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0195142519 OXFORD UP ACAD (10/05/2006) Weight: 10g. / 0.02 lbs Binding: Hardcover. Great Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # 9780195142518