Was God telling the truth when he said, 'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart'? In his #1 bestseller The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel examined the claims of Christ, reaching the hard-won verdict that Jesus is God's unique son. In The Case for Faith, Strobel turns his skills to the most persistent emotional objections to belief---the eight 'heart barriers' to faith. This Gold Medallion-winning book is for those who may be feeling attracted to Jesus but who are faced with difficult questions standing squarely in their path. For Christians, it will deepen their convictions and give them fresh confidence in discussing Christianity with even their most skeptical friends. 'Everyone---seekers, doubters, fervent believers---benefits when Lee Strobel hits the road in search of answers, as he does again in The Case for Faith. In the course of his probing interviews, some of the toughest intellectual obstacles to faith fall away.' ---Luis Palau 'Lee Strobel has given believers and skeptics alike a gift in this book. He does not avoid seeking the most difficult questions imaginable, and refuses to provide simplistic answers that do more harm than good.' ---Jerry Sittser, professor of religion, Whitworth College, and author of A Grace Disguised and The Will of God as a Way of Life
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Award-winning reporter and author Lee Strobel ( The Case for Christ) once again uses his investigative skills to address the primary objections to Christianity. As a former atheist, Strobel understands the rational resistance to faith. He even names the eight most convincing arguments against Christian faith:
1) If there's a loving God, why does this pain-wracked world groan under so much suffering and evil?These are mighty tough questions, and Strobel fields them well. Rather than write a weighty dissertation about the merits of faith, he brings us along on his quest as we meet leaders in the Christian community, such as Peter Kreeft and William Lane Craig. We also encounter his everyday friends and acquaintances that serendipitously fill in the holes in each of the eight arguments against faith. The use of dialogue from personal interviews and a scene-by-scene active narrative makes this an easy and engaging read. However, easy does not mean breezy. This is a book of substance and merit, one that will help Christians defend their faith, especially during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt. --Gail Hudson From the Author:
2) If the miracles of God contradict science, then how can any rational person believe that they're true?
3) If God is morally pure, how can he sanction the slaughter of innocent children as the Old Testament says he did?
4) If God cares about the people he created, how could he consign so many of them to an eternity of torture in hell just because they didn't believe the right things about him?
5) If Jesus is the only way to heaven, then what about the millions of people who have never heard of him?
6) If God really created the universe, why does the evidence of science compel so many to conclude that the unguided process of evolution accounts for life?
7) If God is the ultimate overseer of the church, why has it been rife with hypocrisy and brutality throughout the ages?
8) If I'm still plagued by doubts, then is it still possible to be a Christian?
Lee Strobel, with a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, was an award-winning journalist for 13 years at the Chicago Tribune and other newspapers. He was a spiritual skeptic until 1981. Today he serves as teaching pastor at Willow Creek Community Church in suburban Chicago. He is the best-selling author of Inside the Mind of Unchurched Harry and Mary, What Jesus Would Say, and The Case for Christ
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Zondervan. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0310234697. Bookseller Inventory # GHT1899ANIF051116H1210A
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New! Multiple Copies Available! We ship daily Monday - Friday!. Bookseller Inventory # 1EY86F01CRBP
Book Description Zondervan. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0310234697 Never read - may have minor wear on cover from being on a retail shelf. Bookseller Inventory # 2015025808
Book Description Zondervan. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0310234697 Never read - may have minor wear on cover from being on a retail shelf. Bookseller Inventory # 2015034104
Book Description Zondervan, 2000. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: This eagerly anticipated sequel to Lee Strobel's best-selling The Case for Christ finds the author investigating the nettlesome issues and doubts of the heart that threaten faith. Eight major topics are addressed including doubt, the problem of pain, and the existence of evil. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0310234697
Book Description Zondervan, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New book. May have light shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # BK0102724
Book Description Zondervan, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New and Unread! Multiple copies are available. Bookseller Inventory # apologetics060502028
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97803102346921.0
Book Description Zondervan. Book Condition: New. 0310234697 New Inside & Out. Clean & Crisp! No markings. You will be pleased. Excellent book! There is some very minimal shelf wear. ( z1s75D) ** Fast Shipping! **. Bookseller Inventory # SKU1007316
Book Description Zondervan 10/1/2000, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 0310234697 Excellent condition, paperback 2000, no marks, great cover, readit. Bookseller Inventory # GRO5-01863