Top Marketplace offers for ISBN
Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics
A comprehensive, best-selling introduction to the basics of engineering thermodynamics. Requiring only college-level physics and calculus, this popular book includes a realistic art program to give more realism to engineering devices and systems.
A tested and proven problem-solving methodology encourages readers to think systematically and develop an orderly approach to problem solving:
- Provides readers with a state-of-the art introduction to second law analysis.
- Design/open-ended problems provide readers with brief design experiences that offer them opportunities to apply constraints and consider alternatives.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
A proven pedagogical framework gives students the support they need!
Now with an even stronger pedagogical framework, Moran & Shapiro’s Fifth Edition of Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics presents a comprehensive treatment of engineering thermodynamics. The text helps you develop a deeper and more complete understanding of the subject.
Here’s how Moran & Shapiro’s approach works:
About the Author
- New Thermodynamics in the News items tie reports from the popular press, such as fuel cells, to concepts covered in the text.
- A strong problem-solving methodology encourages readers to develop an orderly approach to problem solving, think systematically, and reduce typical errors.
- End-of-chapter materials builds problem-solving skills in three modes: Conceptual (Exercises: Things Engineers Think About); Skill building (Problems: Developing Engineering Skills); and Exploration (Design and Open-Ended Problems: Exploring Engineering Practice).
- Online study guide, including key concepts summaries and additional homework problems with answers and selected solutions, offer tools to test your understanding of chapter material.
- Design/Open-Ended Problems provide brief design experiences that provide opportunities to think creatively, apply constraints, and consider alternatives.
- Thorough development of the second law, featuring the entropy production concept and energy analysis, provide a state-of-the-art introduction to second law analysis.
- IT: Interactive Thermodynamics software (purchased separately) features property data calculation, systems modeling, and “what if’ calculation capabilities, so you can explore more realistic thermodynamic system behavior.
- ThermoNet tutorials for basic engineering concepts feature animations, pop-up quizzes, and additional worked examples. Available through the book’s website.
Michael J Moran, The Ohio State University
Howard N. Shapiro, Iowa State University of Science & Technology
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.