Direct Social Work Practice: Theory and Skills
; ; ; ;
ISBN 10: 0495601675 / 0-495-60167-5
ISBN 13: 9780495601678
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Publication Date: 2009
Packed with examples, illustrations, and proven learning experiences from the field, DIRECT SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE: THEORY AND SKILLS, Eighth Edition prepares social work students for effective real-world practice. Incorporating many case examples from social work practitioners as well as the authors' personal experiences, the book integrates the major theories and skills that direct social work practitioners need to understand and master--earning the book its reputation as the classic source for helping students learn direct practice skills.
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- Completely up to date, the new Eighth Edition addresses such emerging issues as crisis intervention, and cognitive-behavioral and motivational interviewing techniques. It also emphasizes evidence-based and consistency practice within both the strengths and empowerment perspectives.
- Updated dialogues and case examples--including new examples that address cultural and ethnic sensitivity--illustrate current issues in practice.
- New material expands and improves upon the coverage of working with children.
- An all-new user video demonstration DVD illustrates important skills and practices described in the book. References to the video throughout the text help users put each new skill into context. The DVD enables users to model appropriate behavior without the pressures of facing a client.
- Rather than focusing only on clients' problems, the authors explore how social workers can better assess clients' strengths and integrate those positive attributes into the process.
- Given social work's unique commitment to working with clients in the context of their environments, the authors place direct practice skills in a current social and policy context.
- The text is packed with examples and case studies--many of which are drawn from social work practitioners as well as the authors' personal practice situations. Diversity content is integrated throughout, with cases exemplifying diversity in multiple forms. The text also integrates practical skill development exercises to give users myriad opportunities to put chapter concepts into action, and the user video demonstration DVD helps readers place each new skill into a realistic, practical context.
- Specific guides to assessing problems--such as potential for suicide--and full examples of written assessments help users practice and improve their skills.
Direct Social Work Practice: Theory and Skills (ISBN: 0495601675 / 0-495-60167-5)
Hepworth, Dean H.;Rooney, Ronald H.;Dewberry Rooney, Glenda;Strom-Gottfried, Kim;Larsen, Jo Ann
Quantity Available: 15
Book Description: Cengage Learning. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0495601675 BRAND-NEW, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. FAST UPS shipping (you'll receive your order within 1-5 business days after shipping in most cases*), this helps to ensure your order arrives in perfect condition. PLEASE NOTE: FedEx does not generally deliver to PO Boxes or APO addresses, so please be sure to give us a physical street address to deliver to; also, unfortunately, we cannot ship this item to Alaska or Hawaii. THANKS! *(this applies to domestic shipments within the continental US - other destinations may take longer). Bookseller Inventory # CEN9780495601678
Bookseller & Payment Information | More Books from this Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.