Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 5e
ISBN 10: 0721600085 / 0-7216-0008-5
ISBN 13: 9780721600086
Publication Date: 2003
The meticulously revised and updated New Edition of this highly acclaimed text continues to provide a concise and straightforward approach to the subject. It focuses on the experimental observations that underlie the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole organism level-and explores the conclusions that can be drawn from those observations.
- Highlights the implications of immunologic science for the management of human disease.
- Features over 365 full-color illustrations that highlight important processes and concepts, and bring the three-dimensional structures of molecules to life.
- Offers a wealth of reader-friendly features including major concepts highlighted in bold italics · at-a-glance boxes that present specialized information and explanations of current technological approaches · a wealth of tables that summarize key information · a glossary of terms · a CD Molecule Appendix that reflects the latest properties of known CD Molecules · an appendix on immunologic laboratory techniques · and more.
- Incorporates the newest understandings of basic science as well as the newest research findings.
- Includes new information on the organization of lymphoid organs and mechanisms of innate immunity.
- Presents enhanced, more straightforawrd explanations of subjects such as of antigen-presenting cells and the biology of T cell activation.
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.