Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 5e
ISBN 10: 0721600085 / 0-7216-0008-5
ISBN 13: 9780721600086
Publication Date: 2003
Editorial Reviews for this title:
The meticulously revised and updated New Edition of this highly acclaimed text continues to provide a concise and straightforward approach to the subject. It focuses on the experimental observations that underlie the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole organism level-and explores the conclusions that can be drawn from those observations.
- Highlights the implications of immunologic science for the management of human disease.
- Features over 365 full-color illustrations that highlight important processes and concepts, and bring the three-dimensional structures of molecules to life.
- Offers a wealth of reader-friendly features including major concepts highlighted in bold italics · at-a-glance boxes that present specialized information and explanations of current technological approaches · a wealth of tables that summarize key information · a glossary of terms · a CD Molecule Appendix that reflects the latest properties of known CD Molecules · an appendix on immunologic laboratory techniques · and more.
- Incorporates the newest understandings of basic science as well as the newest research findings.
- Includes new information on the organization of lymphoid organs and mechanisms of innate immunity.
- Presents enhanced, more straightforawrd explanations of subjects such as of antigen-presenting cells and the biology of T cell activation.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.