Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System, 2e
ISBN 10: 072160241X / 0-7216-0241-X
ISBN 13: 9780721602417
Publication Date: 2004
Editorial Reviews for this title:
The 2nd edition of this popular text emphasizes the fundamental concepts and principles of human immunology that students need to know, without overwhelming them with extraneous material. It leads the reader to a firm understanding of basic principles, using full-color illustrations; short, easy-to-read chapters; color tables that summarize key information clinical cases; and much more-all in a conveniently sized volume that's easy to carry. The New Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the many advances that are expanding our understanding of the field.
- Presents all of the most important principles that govern the function of the immune system.
- Extrapolates key concepts from the vast amount of experimental data that has emerged.
- Focuses on cellular interactions in immune responses rather than describing in detail many of the underlying biochemical and molecular mechanisms.
- Emphasizes immune responses in human rather than experimental animals, drawing upon parallels with experimental situations only when necessary.
- Uses clear, crisp illustrations, diagrams, figures, charts and tables to highlight important principles.
- Illustrates how the principles of immunology may be applied to common human diseases through clinical cases in the Appendix.
- Features an easy-to-read layout; summarizes chapter content in bulleted lists accompanied by review questions; and offers a list of selected readings.
- all of the scientific advances that are expanding the knowledge base in this rapidly evolving field.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.