Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
Bonuses, stock options, expense accounts, free gourmet coffee and other financial and non-financial perks will only go so far in keeping your top-performers from jumping ship and joining the competition. Authors Franklin C. Ashby and Arthur R. Pell’s groundbreaking research shows that the key to keeping “A-players” lies in your company’s commitment to transforming the corporate culture into one that embraces excellence and reflects the company’s commitment to values, vision, creativity, trust and respect.
Authoritative and practical, EMBRACING EXCELLENCE draws on six years of original research into what motivates and what “turns off” A-players. Surprisingly, corporate culture proved to be the most influential factor in top-performers’ overall satisfaction with a company—and subsequent decisions to look elsewhere.
In this book, Ashby and Pell offer specific and practical tools and suggestions, based on their research, to help you identify and overcome those factors that prevent a company from being an employer of choice. Among these are
* The Organizational MRI -- a unique method for diagnosing your company’s organizational culture
* Job descriptions and specifications that identify what it takes not just to perform the job, but to perform superbly
* Techniques for determining the few critical objectives that are essential for success in the job
* Tips and tactics on finding and selecting the best candidates for these jobs -- “A players”
* Onboarding – a method for starting the new employee pff on the right foot.
* A new approach to separation interviews -- learning why good people leave --
* Tools for for enhancing employee cooperation, collaboration, and loyalty.
EMBRACING EXCELLENCE provides the tools and questions you need to thoroughly and honestly evaluate of your company’s cultural climate, as well as a blueprint for implementing the changes needed to bring out the very best in your employees—and reduce costly turnover. CEOs, managers, supervisers and employees responsible for the future of the company will do well to examine their commitment to corporate culture, and apply the precedents set forth in EMBRACING EXCELLENCE.
From the Inside FlapReview:
Grant M. Lehman
VP Talent Acquisition, Digital Focus
From the Back Cover
Ashby, Franklin C.;Pell Ph.D., Arthur R.
Quantity Available: 1
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.