Differentiating Instruction for Students With Learning Disabilities: Best Teaching Practices for General and Special Educators
ISBN 13: 9780761945178
Publisher: Corwin Pr
Publication Date: 2002
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
Differentiated instruction strategies that target the special needs of students with learning disabilities!
These classroom-proven strategies empower the teacher to target instructional modifications to the content, process, and products for students with learning disabilities in the general and the special education classroom. These best practices are the most up-to-date tactics available and specify numerous ways to differentiate instruction for students with learning disabilities. Invaluable for teachers in both inclusive and individual classes, this book provides numerous ideas and examples to help
- Stress the brain-compatible teaching guidelines for varied instruction
- Create practical, flexible lessons by varied instructional tactics, including webbing, cubing, scaffolded instruction, metacognitive tactics, and many other strategies
- Foster the attention of diverse learners via self-monitoring, self-management, and responsibility strategies
- Institute various peer tutoring systems that are practical and manageable in the inclusive class
- Implement performance assessment and portfolios to diversity evaluation
- Enhance social skills through group projects, role-play, and sharing tutoring responsibilities
The use of these research-proven practices will result in academic enhancement in your classroom. Whether your challenging students are identified as learning disabled or low-achieving, these strategies and tactics can lead to significant gains for you in reading comprehension, language arts, and math. This is a survival guide for differentiating instruction in todays classrooms!
Differentiating Instruction for Students With Learning Disabilities: Best Teaching Practices for General and Special Educators: Search Results
Differentiating Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities Best Teaching Practices for General and Special Educators (ISBN: 9780761945178)
Quantity Available: 1
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.