About this title:
From the Publisher:
Beginning at an introductory level and progressing to more advanced topics, this comprehensive handbook provides all the information needed to properly design, model, analyze, specify, and manufacture cam-follower systems. The reader will find complete coverage of:
- Proper Cam Design Techniques
- Single- and Multi-Dwell Cams
- Classical Cam Functions
- Polynomial Cams
- Spline Functions for Cams
- Pressure Angle & Radius of Curvature
- Radial and Barrel Cams
- Translating & Oscillating Followers
- Roller & Flat-Faced Followers
- Forward & Inverse Dynamic Analyses
- Residual Vibrations
- Polydyne & Splinedyne Cams
- Cam Profile Definition
- Cutter Compensation
- Conjugate Cams
- Cam Materials & Manufacturing Techniques
- Stress Analysis of the Cam Follower Joint
- Lubrication of the Cam Follower Joint
- Measurement of Cam Follower Dynamics
- Extensive Bibliography of the Cam Literature
- Case Studies of Cam Designs
- Cam and Linkage Design Programs on CD-ROM
Additionally, this unique book is accompanied by a 90-day trial demonstration copy of the Professional Version of Dynacam for Windows V. 7.0. Written by the author and used worldwide, this program solves the equations described in the book and allows in its fully licensed version the design, dynamic modeling, analysis, and generation of follower center, cam surface, and cutter coordinate data for any cam. It also defines conjugate cams for any application.
Also included are 90-day trial demonstration copies of programs Fourbar, Sixbar, and Slider for the design of cam-follower linkages.
As a comprehensive resource, Cam Design and Manufacturing Handbook brings together up-to-date cam design technology, correct design and manufacturing procedures, and recent cam research results in one volume that is indispensable to the design and manufacturing of cam-follower systems. It begins at an introductory level and progresses to more advanced topics, while providing all the information needed to properly design, model, analyze, specify, and manufacture cam-follower systems.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.