Antiquing as a fun and potentially profitable pastime has never been more popular, and this book offers hundreds of tips and ideas for finding sales and auctions, bargaining, determining value, and taking it home.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
To the tightwad's favorite poem, "Use it up/Wear it out/Make it do/Or do without," may be added, not so poetically, "Buy it cheap/Scrub it up/Make it work/And sell it for a profit." This is the motto of The Rummager's Handbook, a fascinating little book with tips for smart and thrifty rummage-sale addicts.From the Back Cover:
Make your free-time hours more fun and more profitable!
Collecting and selling secondhand merchandise is an entertaining, productive, and money-making activity for thousands of people. With The Rummager's Handbook as your guide, you'll learn from an experienced rummager the techniques and knowledge needed to successfully buy, sell, collect, and recycle secondhand goods found at garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores.
* Bargain easily, effectively, and politely with various types of sellers
* Evaluate the age and worth of everything from collectible glassware and china to dolls, toys, furniture, electrical appliances, and more
* Clean and restore a wide range of goods and surfaces safely and economically
* Store, display, and give new life to used goods in imaginative ways
* Keep track of your treasure-hunt buying and selling with a few clever inventory and record-keeping techniques
* Hold a profitable garage or yard sale with some simple planning, pricing, and displaying tips
Whether you're a treasure hunter or interested in selling the treasures that you already own, The Rummager's Handbook is a storehouse of practical tips and imaginative ideas for collecting and recycling hundreds of common objects.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Storey Publishing, LLC. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0882668943 . Bookseller Inventory # HGT1042ARCC121114H0517P
Book Description Storey Publishing, LLC, 1995. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Antiquing as a fun and potentially profitable pastime has never been more popular, and this book offers hundreds of tips and ideas for finding sales and auctions, bargaining, determining value, and taking it home. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0882668943
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97808826689491.0
Book Description Storey Publishing, LLC, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-071-34-3999803
Book Description Storey Publishing, LLC, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110882668943