Basic Immunology, Updated Edition 2006-2007: with STUDENT CONSULT Access
ISBN 10: 1416029745 / 1-4160-2974-5
ISBN 13: 9781416029748
Publication Date: 2006
Editorial Reviews for this title:
The Updated 2nd Edition of this popular text emphasizes the fundamental concepts and principles of human immunology that students need to know, without overwhelming them with extraneous material. It leads the reader to a firm understanding of basic principles, using full-color illustrations; short, easy-to-read chapters; color tables that summarize key information clinical cases; and much more-all in a conveniently sized volume that's easy to carry.
- Presents all of the most important principles that govern the function of the immune system.
- Extrapolates key concepts from the vast amount of experimental data that has emerged.
- Focuses on the cellular interactions in immune responses rather than describing in detail many of the underlying biochemical and molecular mechanisms.
- Emphasizes immune responses in human rather than experimental animals, drawing upon parallels with experimental situations only when necessary.
- Uses clear, crisp illustrations, diagrams, figures, charts and tables to highlight important principles.
- Illustrates how the principles of immunology may be applied to common human diseases through clinical cases in the Appendix.
- Features an easy-to-read layout; summarizes chapter content in bulleted lists accompanied by review questions; and offers a list of selected readings.
- Includes access to www.studentconsult.com, an innovative website that allows you to build a personalized, fully integrated, online library, where you'll find...
- The entire contents of every STUDENT CONSULT title you purchase.
- Integration links to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles.
- Powerful search capabilities- View all excerpts relevant to keyword or subject searches (up to 300 words per hit) from every book in the series.
- Image library
- POCKETConsult- Download portions of your personal library onto your handheld.
- Student resources- Sharpen your skills, stay informed, and have fun!
- Incorporates all of the scientific advances that are expanding the knowledge base in this rapidly evolving field - including emerging topics such as regulatory T cells and tolerance and autoimmunity.
- Updated suggested reading list.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.