Do you know what the best feature is in All New Square Foot Gardening?
Sure, there are ten new features in this all-new, updated book. Sure, it's even simpler than it was before. Of course, you don't have to worry about fertilizer or poor soil ever again because you'll be growing above the ground.
But, the best feature is that "anyone," "anywhere" can enjoy a Square Foot garden. Children, adults with limited mobility, even complete novices can achieve spectacular results.
But, let's get back to the ten improvements. You're going to love them.
1) New Location - Move your garden closer to your house by eliminating single-row gardening. Square Foot Garden needs just "twenty percent" of the space of a traditional garden.
2) New Direction - Locate your garden "on top" of existing soil. Forget about pH soil tests, double-digging (who enjoys that?), or the never-ending soil improvements.
3) New Soil - The new "Mel's Mix" is the perfect growing mix. Why, we even give you the recipe. Best of all, you can even "buy" the different types of compost needed.
4) New Depth - You only need to prepare a SFG box to a depth of 6 inches! It's true--the majority of plants develop just fine when grown at this depth.
5) No Fertilizer - The all new SFG does not need any fertilizer-ever! If you start with the perfect soil mix, then you don't need to add fertilizer.
6) New Boxes - The new method uses bottomless boxes placed aboveground. We show you how to build your own (with step-by-step photos).
7) New Aisles - The ideal gardening aisle width is about three to four feet. That makes it even easier to kneel, work, and harvest.
8) New Grids - Prominent and permanent grids added to your SFG box help you visualize the planting squares and know how to space for maximum harvest.
9) New Seed Saving Idea - The old-fashioned way advocates planting many seeds and then thinning the extras (that means pulling them up). The new method means planting a pinch- literally two or three seeds--per planting hole.
10) Tabletop Gardens - The new boxes are so much smaller and lighter (only 6 inches of soil, remember?), you can add a plywood bottom to make them portable.Of course, that's not all. We've also included simple, easy-to-follow instructions using lots of photos and illustrations. You're going to love it!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The key to success of the All New Square Foot Gardening method is to avoid the poor qualities of loc Once you build the basic 4 x 4 SFG box with rotated corners, add six inches of Mel’s Mix, and add th
All New Square Foot Gardening offers ten new major improvements to the original SFG method. Now, with these improvements, anyone can be a successful gardener.
TEN MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE ORIGINAL SQUARE FOOT GARDEN METHOD 1. Location—Close to the House 2. Direction—Up, Not Down 3. Soil—Mel’s Mix 4. Box Depth—Only 6 Inches Deep 5. No Fertilizer—You Don’t Need It 6. Easy Access—Above the Ground 7. The Aisles—Comfortable Width 8. The Grids—Prominent and Permanent 9. Novel Idea—Don’t Waste Seeds 10. Expanded Opportunities—Tabletop Gardens
Yes, it’s true; this improved gardening method makes gardening even easier than before. You’re going to love every one of these improvements. You will now be able to reduce the size of your SFG so much that you can locate it close to your house for better care and more enjoyment. You’ll never have to dig up your existing soil anymore as you now build your new garden on top of it. No more hard work or heavy-duty tools needed. All you’ll need is 6 inches of a perfect soil mix from three common ingredients available everywhere. This mix never needs changing and no fertilizer is ever needed using this natural, organic method. You’ll use bottomless boxes made from common lumber, have aisles that are wide enough to comfortably move about in, and each box will have a permanent grid for that unique SFG look and use. You’ll use a minimum of seeds, so you won’t have to buy new packets every year. Best of all, some of your boxes can have bottoms so you can move them or place them at tabletop or railing heights for easier care and unique locations.
Do you know what the best feature is in All New Square Foot Gardening? Sure, there are ten new features in this all-new, updated book. Sure, it's even simpler than it was before. Of course, you don't have to worry about fertilizer or poor soil ever again because you'll be growing above the ground. But, the best feature is that anyone, anywhere can enjoy a Square Foot garden. Children, adults with limited mobility, even complete novices can achieve spectacular results.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Cool Springs Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1591862027 SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS!! (SAME BUSINESS DAY) GREAT BOOK!!. Bookseller Inventory # Z1591862027ZN
Book Description Cool Springs Press, 2006. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: All New Square Foot Gardening instructs gardeners to grow their vegetables and plants above ground in boxes filled with Mel's special soil recipe. Seeds planted in quadrants produce a bountiful harvest all year using minimum space. All New Square Foot Gardening ushers this 25-year-old method into a new marketplace for a new generation of gardeners. The book blends the author's Square Foot method with a highly illustrated "how-to" approach that every gardener will understand. Top Features Include The Quick Start Guide All New Improvements The 10 Basic Priniciples Over 75 photographs, illustrations, and charts display "how-to" and "step-by-step" instructions, images of plants recommended by the author, and charts showing growth rate and proper plant choice. A History of Square Foot Gardening. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_1591862027
Book Description Cool Springs Press, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New and Unused! Multiple copies are available. Bookseller Inventory # 1403280024
Book Description Cool Springs Press 2006-02-14, 2006. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1591862027 BRAND NEW. We are a tested and proven company with over 1,000,000 satisfied customers since 1997. We ship daily M-F. Choose expedited shipping (if available) for much faster delivery. Delivery confirmation on all US orders. Bookseller Inventory # Z1591862027ZN
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 1591862027BNA
Book Description Cool Springs Press, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New, Delivery Confirmation with every order. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000116448
Book Description Cool Springs Press. Softbound. Book Condition: New. Color Photos And Figures (illustrator). New Edition. Sm Quarto. Copyright Date: 1981. Bookseller Inventory # 34751D23d
Book Description Cool Springs Press. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Always Buy with confidence. Bookseller Inventory # DBBK1591862027
Book Description Cool Springs Press. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111591862027