The Book of Percentages: Over 500 bizarre, obscure, random, surprising, and 100% enlightening facts on just about everything nothing
ISBN 10: 1605501085 / 1-60550-108-5
ISBN 13: 9781605501086
Publisher: Adams Media
Publication Date: 2009
You will now be able to wow your friends, scare your kids, and bargain with your spouse as you use this book to legitimize bad decisions, idle threats, and risky ventures. With this one-stop statistical resource, you will have plenty of numbers to back up whatever you want (or don’t want) to do. Covering all aspects of everyday life, this enlightening little trivia book shows you that numbers can be informative yet entertaining—and work to your advantage. Inside you will learn interesting tidbits like:
- While 30% of all shoplifters are under thirty, 95% of shoplifters are females—just another thing for teenage boys to throw in their parents’ faces
- Ditching a diet is the fad thing to do, as 60% of dieters fail and go back to eating fatty foods
- Finding a faithful contractor is much easier than finding a faithful husband: Only 10% of home improvement contractors are reported larcenous while 22% of married men have committed adultery
- The world would have a whole lot more female vegetarians if people had to kill their dinner—90% of women would give up beef if they had to kill the cow
- Americans have a 40% chance of just dropping dead every day
It’s a guaranteed enlightening read 100% of the time.
The Book of Percentages: Over 500 Bizarre, Obscure, Random, Surprising, and 100 Per Cent Enlightening Facts on Just About Nothing (Hardback) (ISBN: 9781605501086)
Quantity Available: 1
Book Description: Adams Media Corporation, United States, 2009. Hardback. Book Condition: New. 191 x 140 mm. Brand New Book. Readers will now be able to wow their friends, scare their kids, and bargain with their spouses as they use The Book of Percentages to legitimise bad decisions, idle threats, and risky ventures. With this one-stop statistical resource, sharp readers will have plenty of numbers to back up whatever they want (or don t want) to do. Covering all aspects of everyday life, this enlightening little trivia book shows people that numbers can be informative yet entertaining - and work to their advantage. It s a guaranteed enlightening read 100 per cent of the time. Bookseller Inventory # LVN9781605501086
Bookseller & Payment Information | More Books from this Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question
From United Kingdom to U.S.A.
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.