Bored of visiting the same UN-recognized countries? Ready to explore somewhere unique and perhaps a little wacky? Want to add some really rare stamps to your passport? Then let Lonely Planet's guide to home made nations take you to a bunch of places you've never heard of. Here are countries where the national anthem is the sound of a rock being dropped into water, where the currency is pegged to the value of Pillsbury's cookie dough; where the citizens vote in a poodle as president and where if you're lucky, the king will put on a pot of tea when you stop by.
Full colour photographs
Maps, flags and stamps
Facts and Figures
Things to see and do
Getting there and away
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description pb. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 1992
Book Description Lonely Planet Publications, Oakland, CA, U.S.A., 2006. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. 12mo - over 6¾ - 7¾" tall. Bookseller Inventory # 022012
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_1741047307
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97817410473011.0
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-099-70-3925713
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111741047307