Guinness World Records 2011
ISBN 10: 190499458X / 1-904994-58-X
ISBN 13: 9781904994589
Publisher: Guinness World Records
Publication Date: 2010
Guinness World Records 2011 continues to build on the intriguing, informative, inspiring and instructional records and superlatives that have made Guinness World Records one of the most famous brands and an annual best-seller around the world. Over 110 million copies have sold since the first edition was published in 1955. Nearly 4 million copies are sold every year in more than 100 countries and in 25 languages. Market research has indicated that Guinness World Records is one of the strongest brands in the world, with prompted brand recognition of 98.2% in the English language territories.
What's New in GWR 2011...
More US specific content including spreads dedicated to "American Heroes", "North American wildlife", "Route 66" and extended US sports pages!
· New unique design - new decade, new look. A fun, poster-style design reminiscent of the circus, the old wild west and letter pressed WANTED ads!
· Records GPS - starting at Greenwich, London - the home of time - we go around the world city by city revealing fascinating records set along the way.
· Glossary - improve your vocabulary by learning the meaning of new and unusual words.
· As Well as -- New spreads on....
* Space Shuttle - being retired in 2010
* TV's 75 years Diamond Anniversary
* Pop Culture chapter - all your favorite movies, DVDs, comics, graphic novels, manga and so on....
* Mr. World Record Breaker
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.