Health Information: Management of a Strategic Resource, 3e
; ; ;
ISBN 10: 1416030026 / 1-4160-3002-6
ISBN 13: 9781416030027
Publication Date: 2007
Editorial Reviews for this title:
Written for use in several Health Information Management courses within the HIA curriculum, this text emphasizes the deployment of information technology and the role of the HIM professional in the development of the electronic health record. With the AHIMA and U.S. government initiative for all patient records to go electronic, this text gives HIM students the education they need to work with the electronic health record. Each chapter begins with a chapter outline, key words, common abbreviations and learning objectives and ends with a key concept summary and references. The 3rd edition includes updated content plus instructional examples from diverse areas of health care delivery, such as long-term care, home health care, and ambulatory care. It also includes a new chapter on industry viewpoints.
- Well-known and respected authors including former presidents of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- All chapters pay special attention to the electronic health care record to help students learn the electronic methods of organizing, maintaining and abstracting from the patient health care record.
- Follows the new AHIMA curriculum for the four-year bachelor degree program and focuses on electronic health information management or e-HIM.
- Textbook, Student Study Guide and Evolve website all tie content together in one complete package to give students a variety of learning experiences.
- Includes instructional examples from diverse areas of health care delivery, such as long-term care, home health care, ambulatory care, and even large physician practices.
- Privacy and Health Law chapter addresses HIPAA Privacy and Security information based on the new laws and regulations.
- Research and Epidemiology chapter contains content on disease registries.
- Managing Electronic Health Record Systems chapter includes content on the differences between project activities and operational activities.
- Revenue Cycle and Financial Management chapter contains content on the chargemaster; case mix; and reimbursement and the revenue cycle.
- Includes a new chapter on industry viewpoints - presented in a unique, conversational format - where several industry experts discuss such important topics as: the future of the HIM industry, international HIM, and the current state of the HIM professional.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.