This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
What can the wind blow? A collection of colourful photographs show how the wind can blow a kite, boats, leaves, seeds, windmills,sand, snow and sea. The report also shows how strong wind can be destructive blowing trees and even houses down.
· Yellow/Band 3 books offer varied sentence structure and natural language.
· Text types - A non-chronological report.
· A chart on pages 14 and 15 draw a comparison between light and strong winds giving children the opportunity to discuss wind and its effects.
· Curriculum links - Science: pushes and pulls; Geography: our local area.
· This book is paired with a story on the same theme: The New Kite by Julie Sykes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Internationally-renowned children's author, Monica Hughes was a master of science fiction and fantasy writing. She was the recipient of numerous awards and was the author of The Isis Trilogy and A Handful of Seeds. She has written a number of titles for the Collins Big Cat series.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0007475551 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Seller Inventory # NATARAJB1FI877627