This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
BETTER WRITING AND SUCCESS AT WORK BEGIN IN YOUR CLASSROOM WITH REPORTING TECHNICAL INFORMATION, ELEVENTH EDITION, A CLASSIC TEXT WITH THOROUGHLY CONTEMPORARY CONTENT.
One of the leading texts in technical writing, Reporting Technical Information introduces students to all aspects of effective professional communication, including letters, proposals, progress reports, recommendation reports, research reports, instructions, and oral reports.
FEATURES OF THE ELEVENTH EDITION:
* A fully integrated companion website--www.oup.com/us/houp--that offers:
Additional practical resources for students: chapter overviews, sample writings, self-tests, "current topic" annotated links and additional resources, interactive tutorials, key terms and concepts, downloadable versions of important question checklists from the book, and a collaborative network
Resources for instructors: an Instructor's Manual and downloadable PowerPoint files for use as lecture aids (also available on CD), links to online resources, and writing assignments instructors have shared for "Better Writing--Success at Work"
Three different types of icons throughout the book that direct students to the website for additional resources: sample documents, exercises, and further reading
* New, broader approach that prepares students in a variety of science, health, business, engineering, and technical majors to develop the types of documents they will need to write in their prospective work environments
* Strong focus on the rhetorical nature of writing, helping writers to understand their readers and the contexts in which their documents will be read and used, define their purpose in writing, and design documents using these issues as critical guidelines
* Updated and additional coverage of current technology, including thoroughly revised chapters on document design and usability that take into account web-based documents and platforms
* New opening scenarios for each chapter that demonstrate the impact of technical communication in the real world
* New chapters on content management, versatility and creativity for reports, and using design and format to achieve clarity in documents
* Increased coverage of ethics and international and global workplace issues
* Many new example documents--more than half of the sample documents in the text are new--and more illustrative figures
* More end-of-chapter exercises, including projects that encourage student interaction and collaboration, several of which are linked to an online component on the companion website
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Key Benefit: Any living language is a growing, flexible instrument. Its rules are constantly changing by virtue of the way it is used by its live, independent speakers and writers. Nevertheless, at any point in a language's development, certain conventions of usage are in force, and violating them can brand writers as uneducated and make their communications difficult to interpret. With a clear, readable style, this book discusses every major aspect of technical writing. Additionally, as electronic technology becomes more widely available and continues to dominate the workplace, people have a growing need to understand and work with electronic communication. Key Topics: From report writing to document design, from job hunting to giving oral reports, this book sets the standards for writing and reporting technical information in the workplace. This handy guide explores the world of electronic communication, from e-mail and electronic discussion groups to file transfer protocol (ftp) and World Wide Web sites in the workplace. Market: This is the ideal resource for anyone who has to write any kind of report in their profession, especial those in technical fields.About the Author:
Thomas E. Pearsall is at University of Minnesota (Emeritus).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Macmillan Coll Div, 1992. Paperback. Condition: New. 7 Sub. Seller Inventory # DADAX0023933410