Ephraim Katz′s The Film Encyclopedia is the most comprehensive one-volume encyclopedia on film and is considered the undisputed Bible of the movie industry. With up-to-date additions, this sixth edition features more than 7,500 A-Z entries on the artistic, technical, and commercial aspects of moviemaking, including:
- Directors, producers, stars, screenwriters, and cinematographers
- Styles, genres, and schools of filmmaking
- Motion picture studios and film centers
- Film-related organizations and events
- Industry jargon and technical terms
- Inventions, inventors, and equipment
- Plus, an index of Academy Award winning films and artists, top grossing films, and much more.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ephraim Katz was a writer, journalist, and filmmaker who devoted his life to gathering the information in The Film Encyclopedia. He was working on the second edition at the time of his death in 1992.Review:
“Wow! What a book!” (Katharine Hepburn)
“Recommended for any reference collection in need of a world view of film.” (Booklist)
“The best movie reference book, hands down.” (Newsweek)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Reference, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110061432857
Book Description Collins Reference. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0061432857 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0016513
Book Description Collins Reference, 2008. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 9780061432859