The Dimensions of Paradise were known to ancient civilizations as the harmonious numerical standards that were the underpinning of the created world. John Michell's quest for these standards provides vital clues for understanding:
* the dimensions and symbolism of Stonehenge
* the plan of Atlantis and reason for its fall
* the numbers behind the sacred names of Christianity
* the form of St. John's vision of the New Jerusalem
* the name of the man with the number 666
* the foundation plan of Glastonbury and other sanctuaries These symbols suggest a potential for personal, cultural and political regeneration in our new century.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John Michell was born in 1933 and was educated at Eton and Cambridge. With The View Over Atlantis (1969) and City of Revelation (1972) he helped to change the attitudes of a whole generation toward the culture, wisdom and science of ancient and traditional societies. His other titles are Megalithomaia, A New View Over Atlantis, Eccentric Lives and Peculiar Notions and Living Wonders. He lives in London.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins, 1988. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1St Edition. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0062505874
Book Description Harpercollins. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0062505874 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0020590
Book Description Harpercollins, 1988. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0062505874
Book Description Harpercollins, 1988. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110062505874
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800625058731.0