This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This is the second book in a two-volume set.
Eminently readable, completely current, and dramatically revised, the new fifteenth edition of Harrison's PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE raises the bar for internal medicine references. Featuring over 90 completely new chapters, HARRISON'S continues to provide the most authoritative record of internal medicine as practiced by the leading experts in the field. And it gives you the one comprehensive database that covers the full spectrum of issues you need to know NOW - basic science, pathophysiology, presenting clinical signs, diagnosis, and the latest treatment guidelines.
More than 90 New Chapters
* Expanded treatment with more algorithms and diagnostic decision trees
* A new feature, Genetic Considerations, describes how new advances affect patient care
* Clinical Guidelines now added throughout, provide evidence-based treatment strategies
* Alternative Medicine...a detailed chapter covers this emerging field
* New Chapter on Late Problems in Patients with Cancer
* New guidelines on Adolescent Health Care
* The latest in Gene Therapy with a new chapter on Screening, Prevention, and Counseling for Genetic Disorders
* New chapter on Infertility and Fertility Control
* Neurobiology of Disease highlights numerous advances made during "The Disease of the Brain"
* Late-breaking treatment information on multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and more
* A new color atlas of malaria-infected red blood cells
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill (Tx), 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0070072744
Book Description Hardcover. Condition: New. NEW BOOK, MINT CODNITION AND 3 DAYS EXPEDITED SHIPPING. Seller Inventory # EARTH 33 RE