This revised guide offers detailed and useful insights into aviation weather interpretation. This edition reflects the 1996 conversion to the METAR format of weather reporting and includes chapters on satellite imagery, NEXRAD and recent developments in radar.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Veteran pilot Lankford gives pilots practical weather guidance for safer flights.From the Back Cover:
WEATHER REPORTS, FORECASTS & FLIGHT PLANNING
Praise for previous editions: "The best new book on the subject...comprehensive, authoritative, and filled with examples and illustrations...beneficial to student pilots and pros alike."--AOPA Pilot
"Lankford's book does a much better job of helping pilots understand reports and forecasts than Aviation Weather Services. In addition, Lankford explains quite a bit of meteorology as he shows you how to understand written material and charts."--Flight Training magazine
Whether you're flying into the wild blue yonder, gray skies, or pitch-black night, Terry T. Lankford's classic weather guide for pilots is your one indispensable source for clear meteorological information. In this easy-to-understand book, FAA Weather Specialist and 30-year veteran pilot Lankford gives pilots practical weather guidance for safer flights.
In WEATHER REPORTS, FORECASTS & FLIGHT PLANNING, you'll find more than weather theory and simple assessment information. Terry Lankford gives you:
* Hands-on advice on pilot interpretation and application of diverse weather information
* The voice of experience in applying real-life techniques to specific information
* Pilot-tested, best-practice procedures for all types of conditions, forecasts, and flight planning
* Vital information on challenges such as vorticity, icing, low-level wind shear, thunderstorms, and turbulence
* A pilot-savvy understanding of the limitations and evolution of weather forecasting
* Clarifications of dangerous misunderstandings and misconceptions about weather forecasts and terminology
* The most efficient ways to get the meteorological information you need and make maximum use of FAA automated services
* Decoding of weather and NOTAM abbreviations
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
* Coverage of satellite imagery
* Completely updated to METAR format
* NEXRAD and Leading-Edge radar products
* National Weather Service procedures, techniques, reorganization
* Aviation Weather Channel web page help
* Mountain Wave Forecasts information
* Wind chill/comfort index
Providing the equivelant of in-depth experience in gathering, interpreting, and applying meteorological information, this book puts the goal of weather-wise piloting within easy reach. WEATHER REPORTS, FORECASTS & FLIGHT PLANNING will raise your confidence level as it raises your skills.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Tab Books, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. A nice, clean NEW book. Very fast shipping. Tracking is available. Bookseller Inventory # 38534
Book Description Tab Books, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0070364265
Book Description Tab Books, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110070364265
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800703642641.0