Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline. All include:
* Pronunciation guide for every term
* Acronyms, cross-references, and abbreviations
* Appendices with conversion tables; listings of scientific, technical, and mathematical notation; tables of relevant data; and more
* A convenient, quick-find format
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This comprehensive reference defines nearly 16,000 essential terms in the biosciences. Biologists, researchers, technicians, educators, and students will have access to accurate definitions covering the fields of anatomy, embryology, physiology, cell biology, morphology, taxonomy, genetics, immunology, virology, evolution, and molecular biology. Valuable appendices are also included.From the Back Cover:
THE LANGUAGE OF BIOSCIENCE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of bioscience or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 18,000 entries encompassing the language of the life sciences
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers more than 20 areas of life science, including anatomy, biochemistry, botany, evolution, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and zoology, and has been expanded to cover other important biomedical sciences such as forensics, neuroscience, pathology, pharmacology, and veterinary science
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Inc.,US, 1997. Book Condition: Very Good. N/A. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP72768007