This title provides medical students and residents with a strong foundation in basic neuroscience using a symptom-based approach with clinically oriented discussions of each disease. The updated Fifth Edition places special emphasis on parkinsonism, Alzheimer's disease, neurogenetics, management of stroke and aneurysms, and epilepsy.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* Symptom-oriented approach to neurology
* Updated treatment regimens for neurological disorders
* Current concepts in molecular pathogenesis
Clinical Neurology offers up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of basic and clinical neuroscience concepts presented within the framework of problems encountered in the clinical setting.
* Concise coverage of neurology using a symptom-oriented approach
* Clinically-oriented discussion of each disease
* Includes basic neuroanatomy and pathophysiology
* Most current information on therapeutics
* Each chapter thoroughly updated with special focus on Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, neurogenetics, and management of stroke, epilepsy, and headache
* Chapter outlines provide a quick overview of each topic
* Includes over 200 tables and figures for easy reference
Recognized for its practice-oriented approach to neurology based on the patient’s presenting symptoms
* Reflects advances in the understanding of the molecular basis of neurological diseases and recent innovations in the treatment of disorders
* Emphasizes history taking and neurological examination as the cornerstones of neurological diagnosis
* Includes a step-by-step description of the neurological examination
Professor and Vice President for Special Research Programs Director of Neurobiology Research Legacy Health Systems
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-199-65-3566003