When a patient presents with clinical manifestations of possible liver disease, practitioners are often faced with the daunting challenge of deriving an accurate diagnosis from various clinical information, imaging studies, and liver biopsy with peritoneoscopy.
Hence, this book provides a useful and practical guide for primary care physicians, interns, radiologists, and gastroenterologists as well as medical students in the assessment and management of patients with various liver diseases.
Comprising contributions from various experts in the fields of hepatology, pathology, and oncology, the information provided in this volume will help guide further management, and to assist in the collection of adequate information to facilitate referrals to specialists, if needed.
Throughout the book, there is an overriding emphasis on the role of pathology in elucidating the pathogenesis of liver diseases, and in identifying confounding features in patients with liver disease that may lead to a more elaborate, differential diagnosis.
• An illustrative approach toward the evaluation of instructive cases using image analysis (such as ultrasonography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and angiography) to demonstrate clinical manifestations and pathological findings of the liver
• Analysis of the use of light and electron microscopy as well as specific staining and molecular methods to guide diagnosis
• Comparison of macroscopic versus microscopic and electron microscopic findings of the liver
• Concise summaries on management of liver diseases
• Inclusion of helpful tables to highlight diagnostic and therapeutic contents
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education Asia, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071323848
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education Asia, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 320 pages. 10.20x8.30x0.80 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0071323848
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education Asia, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 71323848